Monday, March 12, 2012
Neelu accompanies Daddy for a haircut
I had to get a haircut today so I took Neel along. He wanted to sit in his sister's carseat because it is the big girl seat. While we were
leaving the building he said 'Police says no lights'. He used to like the interior car lights on and we told him that the Police said
no, but then we changed our minds. Of course he repeats it like a mantra.
We rolled down the street to the SuperCuts. I thought the place would be packed because it is a weekend but there was no wait. I
sat down for my haircut and told Neel to sit on a fixture nearby me. He took out his super-bouncy ball but put it back in his pocket after I asked him to.
So polite you are, Neelu!
The women were all gaga over Neelu. He would talk to them, telling them he is two, and that his sister is four. They asked him if he went to school and he said preschool. They asked him if he liked to dance and he said 'ballet' but they didn't understand what he was saying, but then Neelu started doing some ballet moves that they really liked. Good first position, Neelu! One of them asked him if he wanted a balloon and he said yes. They asked him which color and he looked confused so she quickly said "Blue' and Neelu parroted back 'blue'. The balloon duly came out and she tied it to Neel's wrist. The women were surprised that a little tot of 2 could be so vocal.
Neel then sang songs for them. I asked him to sing ABCD and he made his way through Jingle Bells and Twinkle Twinkle before starting ABCD.
They told him that they would not cut his hair because he looks so cute in it. At the end of it they gave Neel a mint-flavored Hershey kiss that I
told myself I would get rid of when Neel wasn't looking. But when we got home,the first thing Neel did was open up that mint and gobble it down.
When we got home I asked Neelu if he wanted to take his balloon upstairs and he said No. So the balloon stayed in the car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment